Most people think that when we talked about neon blue eyeshadow, only one thing come across their minds and that was the time when hip and funky guys and gals rule the world. The funky era of 60’s and 70’s. Some may even recall the character in the “The Drew Carey Show” with her neon eyeshadow that almost reached her hairline.
But today, wearing bright and eye make up can actually make your eyes stand out especially during your night out. With some simple tricks you can now wear this shade of eye make up with elegant and without looking like a sitcom character who bounced out from the past.
Here are the tricks on how to wear neon blue eyeshadow without looking like a funky living thing from the era of the funky years of 60’s and 70’s.
Things you will need:
Bright eye make up
1. It is advisable to wear bright eye make up during your night out. Bright eye make up during daytime will look misplaces and even harsh. Bright eye make up will help make your features stand out in night especially when spotted with lower or dim lights.
2. If you are really up to wearing bright eye make up then make sure that your clothes have simple patterns and colors as well so as not to make your feature looks too much or overreacted. If you want to look great on this kind of eye make up then it will be better if you will wear plain white or plain black clothes. This will even add up some drama on your face, believe me.
3. Know exactly what shade of eye make up will make your eyes stand out. Intense brown shade will surely make every blue eyed women stand out. Lilacs and purples will surely make green eyes more dramatic.
4. Always get three complementary colors for your eye make up. The first one should be the lighter, then the second one should be a bit darker from the first one and the last shade should be the darkest shade of all. Like for instance, for blue eye make up, choose baby blue, medium blue then navy blue. These three shades will perfectly go together.
5. Don’t forget to blend in the shades. It is important that you blend all the shades you will apply on your lids. This will avoid any visible crease line from the eye make up. Eye make up should blend together and there should be no visible lines from all the three shades you apply.
6. Using a brush or a foam applicator, apply the medium shade on your lid. To make more drama on your eyes, try to extend and blend in the colors all the way out of your lids.
7. Using a brush, apply the darkest shade of eye make up on the crease of your eyes. This will surely make your eyes stand out as it gives your eyes more shape and definition.
Simply follow these tricks and you will surely be able to wear neon blue eyeshadow just like those supermodels.